Port Dickson or PD is a coastal town in Negeri Sembilan Malaysia, facing the Straits of Malacca. It is a low-key destination since it is not really well-known among tourists. Therefore, having a nice and easy weekend break here is really a good idea. To make the most out of your vacation, here are some tips for you:
How To Go: If you drive, the trip only takes roughly 45 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and an hour from Kuala Lumpur to Port Dickson along the North-South Expressway. You need your own car or taxis to navigate around the town.
Where To Stay: Finding the best resorts in Malaysia by the beach with affordable price is not so hard, especially in Port Dickson. There are also lots of budget hotels or resorts with exceptional space if you want to spend less.
What To Do:
1. Beach Activities: Going to the beach is clearly among the most popular things to do in Port Dickson. Ten Mile Beach and Teluk Kemang Beach are notable. Port Dickson beach is a great place to swim, relax and watch the live sunset view. You can also enjoy various water sports and beach activities such as banana boat rides, beach buggy ride, volleyball, canoeing, and speed boat rides.
- Military Museum: If you are a history geek especially about the military, spend your time to visit the museum. You can see many old photos, war weapons, war plans, tunnel, vehicles, and much more. Everything dedicates to soldiers during Malaysia’s war history. It opens daily from 10 a.m to 5 p.m. You can enter the museum for free.
- Alive 3D Art Gallery: The gallery is full of strange and interesting 3D art paintings. If you love photography, it is a must place to visit. It is also an excellent place for those who love taking photos and posting the photos on Instagram.
- PD Ostrich Farm: If you are traveling with your family or your little ones, this is a great place to visit. The big attraction here is the largest flightless bird in the world- ostrich. You can touch the ostrich, learn how to handle an ostrich large egg, take a ride on an ostrich, taste ostrich burger, and even ostrich satay. Don’t forget to take a chance to feed other cute animals such as rabbits, hamsters, ducks, goats, sheep, donkeys, and peacocks.
- Food Hunting: The weather in Malaysia is obviously very hot. When you need to take a break from the action, just pop into one of the local restaurants and enjoy great foods with local taste.
If you are thinking of escaping hectic life in the busy city for a while, Port Dickson really has something to offer. Hence start packing your bag and begin planning your itinerary now. Port Dickson will always welcome you with open arms.