If your family is planning to visit Malaysia for a holiday trip but you have a tight budget, don’t fret because you can save a lot of money by being smart about your expenses. Having a vacation in the country doesn’t have to be expensive. To help you cut back on the costs and make sure that your budget will keep you afloat during your trip, you should follow these 5 practical money-saving tips:
- When in the country, use affordable public transportation systems like buses and trains. This is especially true if you are visiting urban centers like Kuala Lumpur, Iskandar Puteri, and Kota Kinabalu. You can save a lot of money by riding buses instead of cabs.
- Get the help of a guide who can tell you where to find cheap accommodations, food, and supplies. Yes, you are going to pay the guide for his services but the amount is peanuts compared to what you might spend if you don’t know what to do or where to go. The guide will show you where to find the most affordable restaurants and hotels.
- Stay in a budget hotel that caters to families and groups. Malaysia is a popular destination for traveling families so a lot of hotels have come up with family-friendly offers like discounts and promos. It’s advisable that you call a hotel in advance to inquire if they have family packages you can avail.
- To save more money, you should book hotels adjacent to your travel itinerary. For instance, if you plan on visiting the Legoland Resort, then it makes sense that you find family hotels near Legoland.
- Plan your itinerary in advance. This is something a lot of travelers often take for granted and they end up wasting a lot of money. If you plan your itinerary to the smallest detail, this means it will be easier for you to estimate your expenses. This will help you determine how much cash and resources you are going to need for the duration of the trip.
In a nutshell, you and your family can enjoy a fun and memorable vacation in Malaysia even with a very tight budget. It’s just a matter of being smart with where you spend your money. If you follow all the tips discussed above, you won’t have to worry about spending more than your allotted budget.